Cool Facts 4 Kids!
- The Mona Lisa has no eye brows.
- Ketchup used to be as thick as medicine.
- Babies yawn before they are born.
- More than 480 million people have played Monopoly.
- Your heart is about the same size as your fist.
- Dust from Africa can travel all the way to Florida.
- The longest recoreded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.
- If you fell into a black hole, you'd stretch out like spaghetti.
- There are about a quadrillion ants on Earth.
- Every year, New York moves 1" further away from England.
- A large python can swallow a goat whole.
- At least 12 rocks from Mars have landed on Earth.
- Crocodiles often eat rocks.
- Pigs can get sunburned.
- The world's lightest mammal-the bumblebee bat- weighs less than a nickel.
- A tiger's skin is striped like it's fur.
- Giant tortoises keep growing their whole lives.
- Frogs drink through their skin.
- Pet hampsters can run up to eight miles a night on a wheel.
- A cat has about 20 muscles in each ear.
- Every day is about 55 billionths of a second longer than the day before it.
- When you see lightning, it is traveling at about 227 million mph.
- Horshoe crabs lived before dinosaurs.
- About 6,000,000 pounds of space dust settle on earth every year.
- Monkeys can go bald in old age, just like humans can.
- Dragonflies can see in all directions at once.
- The world's heaviest onion weighed more that the head of a man.
- Only male toads croak.
- You can tell lions apart by the spots at the base of their whiskers.
- Opposite sides of dice always add up to seven.
- An avarage yawn lasts about six seconds.
- The Empire State building was built with ten million bricks.
- Eating shrimp can turn white flamingos pink.
- Sharks have eight senses when us humans only have five.
- Your brain is about three quarters water.
- The bahamas once had an undersea post office.
- There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on the earth.
- A dairy cow produces about 100,000 glasses of milk in its lifetime.
- Yo-yos rode on two spaceships.
- The oldest human footprint ever found is 350,000 years old.
- Blondes have more hair than brunettes.
- An oyster can take five years just to make one pearl.
- A newborn blue whale can be longer than an adult elephant.
- In the summer, the amount of water pouring over Niagra Falls each second could fill 13,00 bathtubs.
- It's illegal to sell a haunted house in New York without telling the buyer.
- Abracadabra used to be written in a triangular shape to keep away evil spirits.
- No words in the dictionary rhyme with orange.
- Owls can't move their eyeballs.
- Your skeleton has about 300 bones when you are born, but only 206 when you grow up.
- Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words.